Alright my Central division friends (yes that includes us here in Indianapolis). Kroger has announced that as of July 31 they will no longer be doubling coupons.
I know, tears have been brought to my eyes as well. But here's the good news on this sad story -- Kroger plans on dropping prices and adding more ways to save.
These ways include:
· Downloadable, clip-free coupons daily on www.kroger.com/digitalcoupons
· Weekly sales and special sales events, such as Mega Event and Cart Busters
· Fuel savings program that offers up to $1 off per gallon when you redeem up to 1,000 fuel points at Kroger Fuel Centers
· 10 cents off per gallon at participating Shell stations
· Loyal customer mailings containing customized coupons
· $4/$10 generic drug pricing (see pharmacy for details)
· Faster checkouts
Kroger will still accept manufacturer coupons, Catalinas, e-coupons and printable coupons just at face value. However, this doesn't go into effect until July 31, so you still have time to do some stock up before the doubling ends.
Kroger hopes these changes will provide the best shopping experience for their customers -- and we hope so too!