I have been meaning to put this post together since oh about four months ago. But better late than never, right?
These are some of the things that I found were most helpful or needed during the first three months with both of my kids. Let's just refer to them as Mommy Lifesavers in some instances.
1. Baby Bjorn - This puppy has come in handy and still does now! I bought ours used off of a Marketplace on Facebook for $7 and it was the best $7 I have spent. There are days when baby doesn't want to sleep or just wants to be held all the time, so Kurtis or myself would whip this out and carry Lola around. Most of the time she'd just fall asleep. Now I use it so I can push Cohen on the swing or chase him around the yard and not leave her out of the fun.
2. Carter's Burp Cloths - Any burp cloths are essential for that matter! However, my cousin bought me a pack of these and I love them because they are smaller and super cute. Trust me, you go through these the first few months like a dog drinks water.
3. MAM pacifiers - Lola is a paci girl and these things are the bomb. I suggest buying them in bulk because they fall out of their mouths and go missing in a matter of seconds. They come in different sizes but we are still stuck on the newborn size. Probably should upgrade that soon...
4. Halo SleepSack Swaddles - Our hospital uses these with all of the babes however theirs do not have velcro to secure the arms. I was at Target (go figure) and found one of these puppies on clearance for $5! Lola was a little escape artist like her brother so it was nice to make her a snug little burrito and then secure those flailing arms to her sides. You can velcro the sleeves under the arms if you want to not swaddle the babe too.
5. Sleep Gowns - I love these things! Make sure you stock up on a bunch of these gowns for baby because of a few reasons: a. They make night time diaper changes 283490243 easier. b. Your baby will definitely poop or pee on them so you better have a spare on hand.
6. Fisher Price Lil Lamb Swing - Once again, this was one of those second hand purchases. Both my kiddos used this daily for the first three months. The one I have runs off of batteries but now they make an electrical plug so you aren't changing the batteries every week. Another plus about this swing is it moves side to side or rotates to move more like a cradle.
Those first few months are hard, but hang in there moms, the best is yet to come!
What was your newborn baby must have?