One of the reasons I started this blog was to help other moms out. I remember being a new mom and you think you know, but really, you have no idea at all. So I wanted to share my must have list of items that I recommend you have ready to go before the baby is born. These things are products that I use on a daily basis and can't imagine being without!
1. Lansinoh Nursing Pads - These puppies are the bomb because they will stick inside your nursing bras or tanks and completely protect you from that embarrassing leakage episode. You know, the second you hear a crying baby kind of episode. These nursing pads are super absorbent too and I will wake up with a dry shirt even during the long nights.
2. Medela Breast Pump - Ladies call your insurance because now many of them will reimburse you or even pay for your entire pump! I was reimbursed $250 so I paid $4 for my amazeballs breast pump -- holla! I love my Medela because it's a quality brand plus the backpack will be perfect to pack up all of my supplies in and tote back and forth from work.
3. Gilligan & O'Malley Nursing Tanks - I have these in every color and literally wear them every single day. Check your Cartwheel app and mobile coupons from Target because you can score these tanks for super cheap. Trust me, you'll LOVE them!
4. Functional Diaper Bag - When I had Cohen, I chose a cheapo bag and it basically hung out in the closest. I had the opportunity to review these fabulous Adelina Madelina diaper bags this summer and I can't tell you how many compliments I get about my bag! I love this bag specifically because can be used as a backpack or a messenger bag. Make sure your diaper bag has the things you are looking for and is one you will use!
5. Bath Robe -- Okay, so I sound like my mom. But honestly, my robe has been so handy, especially the first few months with a newborn. I used it faithfully in the hospital and then when I got home it was accessible for nursing at night and kept me comfy cozy during the day.
6. Yoga Pants -- You know I love me some good yoga pants! These bad boys come in handy seriously everyday. So make sure you get a pair that are comfortable as well as stylish because you can still look cute and not like a slob ka-bob in a super baggy pair.
What must have items do you suggest all first time (and new) mommies make sure they have before the baby is born?