I haven't done a recipe on here lately, so I thought I'd share one of my new favorites! My husband and I die for Chipolte's Burrito Bowls. Let's get real here when I saw corn salsa - you Chipolte lovers know what I mean.
I have made this crock pot Salsa Chicken before, which makes some pretty delish tacos. But as I got thinking about it I realized how amazing this would be for a homemade Burrito Bowl!
Here's what you'll need:
--1 lb Chicken Breast
--1 jar of salsa
--1 bag of frozen corn
--1 can of black beans
Homemade Burrito Bowls
1. Place chicken breast into the crock pot. Then add corn and drained black beans. Cover everything with the entire jar of salsa.
2. Cook on low for 8-10 hours
3. When you're ready to assemble your bowls, make your rice up. I usually season our rice with garlic salt, butter and some fresh lime juice.
4. The chicken will be extremely tender and will literally fall apart -- no need to shred.
5. Layer your rice, chicken and other toppings on top of the rice.
Seriously, you die?
This is one of my favorite go to recipes during the work week because the prep and cook time are effortless. Our Fresh Market has antibiotic and hormone free chicken breasts on sale for $2.99 a pound on Tuesdays, so I will go and stock up twice a month. I also highly suggest Newman's Own Pineapple Salsa. I probably just changed your life now. You're welcome.