It's no secret I love summer. Like, I really, REALLY love summer. There is nothing better than having time to enjoy and savor these moments with my family. However, every year when the season rolls around I have a list of things I want to do but am never able to accomplish them. So maybe if I put it in writing it will be more legit?
Here are my twenty things I hope to accomplish before the sweets sound and smells of summer come to an end!
1. Enroll the kids in the summer reading program at the library
2. Enjoy a weekend away with just the hubby
3. Make homemade ice cream
4. Pick strawberries at the strawberry patch and figure out how to freeze them/make freezer jam
5. Bake a homemade pie
6. Take the kids blueberry picking
7. Spend an entire day at the pool
8. Rearrange and redecorate the kid's rooms
9. Visit Lake Michigan again
10. Let Cohen and Lola experience the Elkhart County 4-H Fair (let me share that this is the third largest county fair in the nation...this ain't no small town show)
11. Have a mini reunion with my IU girls
12. Spend the day at the zoo
13. Take the family to a local outdoor concert
14. Go to an Indianapolis Indians game
15. Splash the afternoon away at the splash pad
16. Go on a mini family vacation to Michigan
17. Attempt putt putting again as a family
18. Enjoy a few more date nights with husband
19. Take a nap in the sun
20. Finish the Lauren Conrad trilogy -- don't judge
Do you have a summer bucket list? What are you excited about doing this summer?